Adjust Video Setting for Best Performance
- Right click My Computer select Properties
- Navigate to the Advanced tab
- Under the performance section select the Settings button
- Click the bubble that reads "Adjust for best performance" and click OK to apply the changes.
Clean Your Prefetch
Navigate to Prefetch and delete the contents inside the folder. This is your windows cache
and can get quite big in size if you use your computer a lot. Clean this out bi-weekly.
Remove Programs from Windows Startup
- Click Start - Run - type in msconfig
- Navigate to the Startup tab
- Go through that list and uncheck anything you don't want to start up on your computer. If you're not sure
what some of them are then read their description, if there's no description your best bet is to leave the item checked.
Update Graphics Drivers
Having the most recent graphics card updates is always a good thing. Just navigate to your card's webpage and search for
your card's driver.
Enable High Performance Battery
1.Control Panel - Hardware and Sound - Power Options - Enable High Performance